HOME BUILT LAPIDARY EQUIPMENT - HOME BUILT
Home Built Lapidary Equipment - Heavy Equipment Operator Jobs In Tennessee - Purex Pool Equipment
Home Built Lapidary Equipment
- The process of supplying someone or something with such necessary items
- Mental resources
- The act of equipping, or the state of being equipped, as for a voyage or expedition; Whatever is used in equipping; necessaries for an expedition or voyage; the collective designation for the articles comprising an outfit; equipage; as, a railroad equipment (locomotives, cars, etc.
- The necessary items for a particular purpose
- an instrumentality needed for an undertaking or to perform a service
- A tool is a device that can be used to produce or achieve something, but that is not consumed in the process. Colloquially a tool can also be a procedure or process used for a specific purpose.
- (of language) Engraved on or suitable for engraving on stone and therefore elegant and concise
- Of or relating to stone and gems and the work involved in engraving, cutting, or polishing
- an expert on precious stones and the art of cutting and engraving them
- a skilled worker who cuts and engraves precious stones
- of or relating to precious stones or the art of working with them; "the ring is of no lapidary value"- Lord Byron; "lapidary art"
- (build) physique: constitution of the human body
- (of a person) Having a specified physical size or build
- (used of soaps or cleaning agents) having a substance (an abrasive or filler) added to increase effectiveness; "the built liquid detergents"
- (build) construct: make by combining materials and parts; "this little pig made his house out of straw"; "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- provide with, or send to, a home
- Of or relating to the place where one lives
- Relating to one's own country and its domestic affairs
- at or to or in the direction of one's home or family; "He stays home on weekends"; "after the game the children brought friends home for supper"; "I'll be home tomorrow"; "came riding home in style"; "I hope you will come home for Christmas"; "I'll take her home"; "don't forget to write home"
- Made, done, or intended for use in the place where one lives
- home(a): used of your own ground; "a home game"
Scottish Mineral & Lapidary Club membership badge, 1960’s
A fine enamel badge produced for the Scottish Mineral & Lapidary Club. Only one batch of these were made (early 1970’s) and sold to raise club funds, mainly to it's members. The badges would also have been used as presentation gifts to visiting club members and to visiting lapidary club members from abroad.
The original club logo shown here depicts a cut and polished slab of Scottish agate with two crossed tools below. The tools are a geologist’s rock hammer and a dop-stick. The dop-stick is used to hold the stone while it’s is being ground/polished. Around 2003, The logo on the badge was redesigned to that currently in use.
The club is based in Edinburgh and was founded in 1958, making it the longest running lapidary club in the UK. Membership is around 100 and the club promotes a wide range of interests beyond lapidary and minerals that include Scottish geology, associated crafts and gems. They are also a practical hobby club, organising lapidary and jewellery workshops.
The badge is made from die-stamped brass with five enamels (cream, blue, red, orange & yellow). It has a pin clasp on the reverse with the maker’s name Emslie of Edinburgh. It’s a fine quality badge and must have been technically difficult to produce due to the precision enamelling. The badge measures 1 1/16” high x 13/16” across (about 27mm x 20mm).
Thank you for reading.
Red Tailed Bumble Bee (Bombus lapidaries)
A Red Tailed Bumble Bee (Bombus lapidaries) This one is a Male, identified by the Yellow band on its head. ( the Females are all black, apart from the Red tail.)
carvin pool equipment
best snowboarding equipment
tattoo equipment shops
heavy equipment safety training
second hand school equipment
cheap golfing equipment
lease printing equipment
restaurant equipment houston
selling computer equipment
FALCONRY EQUIPMENT FOR SALE : FALCONRY EQUIPMENT « HOME » HOUSEKEEPING EQUIPMENTS USED IN HOTELS - HOUSEKEEPING EQUIPM
Post a comment